Positive Solution-Focused Techniques for Midwives
Welcome Midwives! We are thrilled that you have chosen to take our course to further your education, improve your practice, grow your relationships with your clients, and raise the vibration of your work to the max!!
As you navigate the course, and our book Tune Up! Higher Frequency Solutions for Midwives & Mothers, please reach out anytime you need assistance or have any questions. We are here to help guide you through.
Juanita Michelle Gober: email@example.com or 817-773-0588
Merlinda Arnold: firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-204-3480
The goal of this course is to prepare you to use Positive Solution-Focused Techniques in your Midwifery Practice. The materials needed/provided, the learning objectives, and estimated timeframes are outlined here.
Tune Up! Higher Frequency Solutions for Midwives and Mothers (3 hours) (Hard copy mailed to you)
Youtube video (1 hour) https://youtu.be/Z9KBdzq8CK8
Edinburgh Scale- edinburghscale(1).pdf (.25 hours) Edinburgh Scale.pdf
Article "What is Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (1 hour) https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-solution-focused-brief-therapy-2337728
The learner will gain a general understanding of the overall benefits of positive solutions focused techniques in midwifery care
The learner will Practice/choose at least one activity and write about your observations and outcomes (4 hours)
The learner will Determine which activity or technique is appropriate for a situation (3 hours)
The learner will Compare and Contrast the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale to the Pre-Screening for Postpartum Success and Postpartum Wellness Assessments (3 hours)
The learner will Describe how raising your own vibration/frequency can improve clients pregnancy and birth outcomes (2 hours)
Take the Post Test (.5 hours)
18 Hours total
1. The learner will gain a general understanding of the overall benefits of positive solutions-focused techniques in midwifery care
● Read the book in its entirety
● Read complimentary material
● Write about how the techniques in the book focus on solutions rather than the problem. How is this approach effective in creating a desired outcome?
● Write how this approach can benefit your practice, your well-being, and your clients.
2. The learner will choose and practice at least one activity from the book and write about their observations and outcomes. You can choose any of the techniques whether they are meant for the midwife to do or her clients or a combination.
● Pick any technique(s) from the book- which techniques grab your attention or are you curious about?
● Do the technique(s) a few times- practicing each technique helps it become easy to apply to future situations.
● How did the technique(s) make you feel? Write down your observations.
● Describe how the technique(s) worked for you or didn’t.
3. The learner will determine which activity or technique is appropriate for a situation.
● Identify a situation that came up in your practice or experience as a midwife.
● Summarize the experience or situation in writing.
● Choose one or more techniques in the book you could use for that particular situation. Which technique would be helpful in that scenario?
● Write how you would use it(them) and how you think it(they) would be beneficial to you and your practice.
4. Compare and Contrast the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale to the Pre-Screening for Postpartum Success and Postpartum Wellness Assessments in the book. Watch the video for a detailed explanation.
● How are the two scales alike?
● How are they different?
● After reading the questions on the 3 scales, describe how you feel about each assessment. How do you imagine your clients would respond to each?
5. The learner will describe how raising their own vibration/frequency can improve clients pregnancy and birth outcomes
● What does raising the vibration or frequency mean to you?
● How can doing these techniques improve your own life?
● How can these techniques improve your clients’ pregnancies and birth outcomes?
6. Take the Post Test- once you have completed the learning objectives, please contact us to receive the post test. If you would like to share your homework with us, we would be delighted!
7. Complete the Course Evaluation Forms- These will be sent along with your test score.
8. Please feel free to contact us for any reason pertaining to the course material. We are happy to help.
Solution focused brief therapy
Solution-focused counseling and its use in postpartum depression
Midwife Client Relationship & Birth Outcomes
Midwife as Counselor
Solution-Focused Therapy Has Worldwide Appeal, According To New Psychological Research